Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun Sunday!!
















So today we decided to go kayaking at White Rock with my cousin and his girlfriend. We had a lot of fun and it is definitely a good upper body workout. We had planned to go out for 3 hours but changed our minds after about an hour and a half. My cousin and his girlfriend have their own kayaks so J and I rented two from the White Rock paddle company. It's about $22 for an hour and half for each person. It could get pretty expensive if you go all the time but for us it's not too bad. It was very, very hot but it actually didn't feel too bad with the breeze off the water and the shade from the trees. We did have an unfortunate incident when J tried to avoid a tree branch and he fell out of his kayak! I only wish I had my camera out at that exact moment. It was hilarious but what was even better was that when he tried to get back into the kayak he fell off again two more times....lol. It was great! He laughed and then was a little sad when he realized he had his nice sunglasses on his head when we started but now they were no longer. They are now at the bottom of the lake :( I guess he will learn for next time. Overall though we had a great time and will be back as soon as we can. We have even thought about purchasing our own kayaks but we don't really have anywhere to store them. We can rent a storage room for $35 more a month but were not sure we want to do that. Anyways, I am going to go spend the rest of this sunday being lazy!

Love,
Shannon






1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon! I am so glad I stumbled upon this blog. I am about to graduate from nursing school and I absolutely LOVE peds..especially oncology. I am excited to find a blog from a peds oncology nurse!

    ReplyDelete